The monographs explain the Rosicrucian teachings as they were perceived by H. Spencer Lewis. Later others edited and updated the monographs.
The monographs are printed as small booklets but they are not available to the general public. Only members of certain Rosicrucian orders may have access to these documents. Their content is generally considered confidential.
Although at first the monographs were exclusive to AMORC, today they are also available by other Rosicrucian orders which began as "forks" from AMORC.
For example, the Confraternity of the Rose Cross (CR+C) says that it offers the old Lewis' monographs, without the newer modifications and updates by AMORC. The CR+C monographs include footnotes written by Gary L. Stewart.
The monographs of AMORC have been updated with new discoveries, clarified to be better understood by today's people and modernised.
Organisations using the Lewis monographs
- Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis
- Confraternity of the Rose Cross (fork from AMORC)
- Ancient Rosae Crucis (fork from AMORC)
AMORC's Rosicrucian Monographs
Below is a brief description of what a neophyte will learn during his or her first five years of affiliation with AMORC.
These teachings are part of the Rosicrucian Monographs.
These are not the only subjects covered by the Rosicrucian system. The list contained here, which should be perceived as unofficial, is adapted from the Rosicrucian Home Study Lessons section of the Web version of the Mastery of Life published by the English Grand Lodge for the Americas.
You are advised to read the official and complete list at AMORC's website: Direct link to Rosicrucian Home Study Lessons section of the Mastery of Life
The teachings are divided in the Neophyte Section and the Temple Section.
- Composition and Structure of Matter
- Power of Thought and Concentration
- Mental Projection
- Vital Life Force
- Perception of the Aura
- Psychic Vision (compare with: Clairvoyance)
First Temple Degree
- Structure of Matter
- Electricity, Magnetism, Electromagnetism and their Rosicrucian definition
- Subatomic Particles
- Material Alchemy
Second Temple Degree
- Cosmic Consciousness
- Our Subjective Consciousness
- Psychology and Mysticism
Third Temple Degree
- Cosmic Purpose of Life
- Vital Life Force
- Cellular Life
- Living and Non-Living Matter
- Incarnation of the Soul
Fourth Temple Degree
Fifth Temple Degree
Sixth Temple Degree
- Composition of Blood
- Cell Consciousness and Cellular Health
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Rosicrucian Therapy
Seventh Temple Degree
- The Psychic Body (compare with: Subtle body and Astral body)
- The Psychic Centres (compare with: Chakra)
- Nature and Symbolism of Dreams
- Psychic Projection (experiments) (compare with: Astral projection, out of body experience)
- Perception of the Aura (experiments) (compare with: Clairvoyance)
Eighth Temple Degree
- The Existence and Nature of God
- Mastery of Karma
- Reincarnation of the Soul
- How to Remember your Past Incarnations (experiments) (See Reincarnation)
Ninth Temple Degree
- Macrocosm and Microcosm
- The Four Principles: Earth, Water, Air, Fire
- Symbolism of the Cross, Triangle, Square, Circle, Rose-Cross
- Mental Alchemy
- Experiments on Telepathy, Telekinesis, Vibroturgy, Radiesthesia, Invisibility, Attunement with the Cosmic Consciousness
The list with the Home Study Lessons is based on information retrieved from http://www.rosicrucian.org