See also: SourceryForge:Help
What can I do to help?
- Learn how to edit the wiki by playing in the sandbox.
- Just pick a subject and write about it. Each section will slowly take shape over time. And initially content is more important than being organised. Pick your favorite technique, ritual, item, god and Make a Node about it.
- Add some useful information to a page about a Tarot card. That's useful and easy.
- Help with suggestions on how this site should be set up and run. here. (when leaving a comment use ~~~~ and the wiki will replace it with your username & the time & date.
- Suggest the layout for a new general section. There's plenty of scope. If you want to make a set of "datasheet" pages for things like every letter of the enochian alphabet or the signs of the zodiac, I suggest you contact me (Elseware) and I'll help by writing a script to do the boring work.
- Design a cool logo, or add artwork to the front page (or any other page). Remember not to use copyright stuff.
- Look at the Most Wanted Pages page to see which not-yet-existing pages people are following links to most often and add some information.
- Please avoid making very short articles. This is intended to be a useful resource, not a dictionary. Pick something you know about or want to research and write a useful article about it. Pages where the sole text is "Phil Hine is a Chaos Magician" are just annoying.
- Please avoid "in jokes". (fnord)
- Please don't write in deliberately obscure language.
- Please don't refer to things you are unable or unwilling to explain. This site is about being useful. It's not about what grade you are, or how much more enlightened you are.
- Where possible each page should start with a single sentence explaining what it is about, possibly with a wiki link or two to related subjects. Eg. the page Seven of Swords starts with "Tarot card. One of the Minor Arcana." - remember other people might have clicked on the link to find out what it meant, not to get the in depth commentary.
- If you disagree with something someone's written, try and reword the page to show both your and their view. Please argue on the "Discuss this page" pages and not the main site. Very often there is no "right" answer. (how do you spell kabalah?)
- All content will be made available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Do not put anything private on this site. It is entirely open to the public.
- DO NOT COPY FROM BOOKS. You can retell something in your own words, but plagiarism could cause us big problems. If you spot any, please let us know. If you want something removed for copyright reasons please add a comment to the page Copyright Concerns and it will get addressed. (Public domain books are pretty much fair game but not anything published after 1922 except in rare circumstances).
- User:Elseware is your benevolent dictator. (although he can't spell). He has final say in all matters, but don't expect him to use it except in very extreme cases.